Friday 26 January 2007

So-called Dad (not)

The biological father with whom I resumed contact in 1993, who lives in the States whereas i am in Scotland, has finally got to me big stylee. He is the most annoying, aggravating, pompous, outwardly pious idiot I have ever come across and it really rankles that i am related to him.
but ooooh god it felt so good to put that down in print. Yeeeeeees i want to ditch the idiot. I have only seen him once a year since 1993, and with each visit I have got to know him a little more and this last visit in august 2006 was a total disaster, but one fo those disasters that politeness prevents one from giving utterance to. I realise more than ever that i am becoming the kind of person who finds it impossible to be civil to those I don't like, even for propriety's sake. I t hink he realises that I am not best chuffed with him becasue I haven't phoned for at least a couple of months, only send emails in response, rather than initiating them.
We ( me, my two young daughters, him and his third wife - god knows how she puts up with him) went on a 5 day trip to the Outer Hebrides. What a bloody nightmare. cooped up in a car, me doing all the driving, only stopping when HE wanted to do or see something. Churches, churches, chapels, - just what an 8year old and a 3 year old want eh?

No comments: